A BIG THANK YOU!
To all our fabulous friends who stopped by our Holiday Open House yesterday! It was outstanding! So much food, fun, and fellowship; what a great way to start the holiday season!
Another GREAT BIG THANK YOU!
To the ladies who helped host the festivities: Paula, Myra, Cynthia, Opal, Lori, Sandy, and Cathy!!!! Y'all made everything easy and fun!
Drop by if you missed it!
See you soon!
Love ya' Honey!
P.S. Here's the recipe for Cynthia's Pumpkin Torte that was sooooo yummy!!!
Pumpkin Torte a la Cynthia Harper
1 pkg (18 1/2 oz) Yellow Cake Mix
1 can (15 oz.) Pumpkin, divided
1/2 C. Milk
1 1/2 t. Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
1 pkg. (8oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 C. Powdered Sugar
1 (16 oz.) Cool Whip
1/4 C. Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1/3 C. chopped Pecans, Toasted
1. In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 C. pumpkin, milk, eggs, oil, 1 t. pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed for 30 sec. Beat on med. for 2 min. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
2. Bake at 350 degrees 25-30 min.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and remaining pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Layer cake with whipped pumpkin pie spice and frost cake.
5. Top with caramel topping, sprinkle with pecans. Store in refrigerator